All the National Focal Points of the participating countries had chosen to organize one day consultative workshops which had the participation of the relevant stakeholders. These workshops were organized to achieve the following objectives:
- Update and validate the previous recommendations and plans in the FGR national workshop.
- Identify problems and other constraints in operationalising a national FGR programme.
- Recommend solutions or courses of actions to address FGR issues and concerns.
- Solicit inputs in crafting a viable research and development national agenda for FGR conservation and management.
- Determine capacity-building activities for a vibrant national FGR programme.
- Generate support and commitment from institutions and other stakeholders to implement programmes for FGR conservation and development in their regions.
Publisher: FRIM, Bioversity International and APAFRI
Publication Years: 2009
Publication Format: PDF
ISBN 13: 978-967-5221-20-0